Philipp Gruissem needs little introduction when it comes to High Roller tournaments on the European Poker Tour. In fact, the EPT should really think about renaming all High Roller events to the "Philipp Gruissem Classic" because all he does is crush these things.
He's currently having his best year on the felt with over $1.7 million in live tournament earnings when you factor in this cash. To highlight, Gruissem took 10th in the 2012 Macau $258,000 High Stakes Challenge for $587,778, third in the World Poker Tour Rendez-Vous à Paris for €170,065 and fourth in the World Series of Poker Europe €50,000 Majestic High Roller for €275,000.
To give you an idea of how well Gruissem has performed in these EPT High Roller events over the years, here are some results:
- April 2011: EPT Berlin High Roller — 3rd place for €67,000
- August 2011: EPT Barcelona High Roller — 1st place for €234,500
- October 2011: EPT London High Roller — 1st place for £450,200
- October 2011: EPT Sanremo High Roller — 4th place for €68,201
- December 2011: EPT Prague High Roller — 3rd place for €68,600
- April 2012: EPT Grand Final High Roller — 3rd place for €366,000
Today, Gruissem will enter Day 3 fourth in chips with 460,000 in his stack. He'll be looking for his third EPT High Roller title, and all eyes will be fixed on him.